PLACE A DRAGON ORDER
- Amazing Charts EHR
- Dragon Medical Español
- Dragon Medical for Mac
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition
- Macintosh Products
- NaturallySpeaking Español
- NaturallySpeaking Legal
- NaturallySpeaking Premium
- NaturallySpeaking Pro
- Olympus Accessories
- Philips Accessories
Dragon Naturally Speaking Tutorials
We have created a tutorial for Dragon Naturally Speaking which covers not only the basics of good accuracy but also creating Scripts or Macros. These can be used in other programs such as your Medical Billing / Practice Management, EMR (Electronic Medical Records) and Microsoft Word software applications
You can view the different pages on this Website or download a copy to be viewed with your Word Processor software.
To download, Right Click on one of the following links, and "Save Target As":
Learn the basics of Dragon
- Make sure that your microphone, headset or handheld is set up correctly. This is the number one cause of poor transcription accuracy.
Sound Test Option 1
- To test, Open your Windows Sound Recorder and record something. If it comes out warped, then that is your problem. For handhelds and digital recorders, use the sound recorder to test your sound files (.WAV files).
- To open, click "Start", "Programs", "Accessories", "Entertainment", "Sound Recorder".
- You can record something here or open a sound file that was transferred from your handheld.
Check your "Settings"
- To see settings, click "Start", "Programs", "Accessories", "Entertainment", "Volume Control". Look at both "recording" and "Playback" properties.
- Click "Options" in "Volume Control" to toggle back and forth. These options are occasionally set wrong because of some other program. Adjust them until you get a good recording.
- Note "SPDIF" should be muted in XP.
Sound Test Option 2
- Within Dragon, Open "Accuracy Center" (Click "Tools", "Accuracy Center"). Click "Check your audio settings". Run this test.
Each recording device (headset, etc.) needs to be trained separately. A separate profile needs to be set up for each.
You cannot just swap recording devices and continue.
- Perform "Additional Training"
- Run "Acoustic Optimizer"
- Run "Increase accuracy from email"
- Many (hundreds) scripts are already built into Dragon. To view the most popular scripts for an individual program, just say "Open Command List" while in the specific program (obviously have DNS open also).
Dragon Medical Practice Edition Demo
Check out our YouTube video of a simple demonstration of Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical 10. This is an example of just a few of the basic concepts that make Dragon Naturally Speaking so simple, easy and accurate.